Saturday, June 26, 2010

Campfire

I realized the other night what camp is all about for me. It's all about campfire. Or, at least what happens before, during, and after. Before the last night of campfire, I got to sit in the golf cart and listen to the students gather in a circle and sing worship songs. When it was time to go to the lake, they walked quietly. At campfire, they would sing a few songs before listening to someone speak. There is nature everywhere. Stars so high up...but they seem so close. The lake reflects the lights of the Junction side of camp. The crickets are usually chirping away. In all of this, we see and feel God. At least I do. It's been hazy for awhile. It's not like it used to be. But every time I go to that lake and sit there, I know God is speaking there. It's not that He isn't everywhere else. But when I'm so far from the other distractions and so close to his creation, I can feel Him there. Maybe if there is a way to make my entire life like campfire. All the time, close to Him. It's something I'm working on.

No comments:

Post a Comment