Thursday, November 12, 2009

I'm so ready for Christmas!!!

So, Christmas is kind of my favorite.

No, really.

I know I say that EVERYTHING is my favorite. Mrs. Ledford was my FAVORITE teacher. "This is why you're my favorite." John Mayer is just my favorite. Everything has now become my favorite. And I think I'm ok with that.

But Christmas really is my favorite. I absolutely adore listening to Christmas songs. I have already started listening to them. My Pandora station is set to play Christmas songs. My friend, I believe, is holding a grudge for me playing them so early. She and her mom have always been adamant that these songs not be played until Thanksgiving. But I can't help it. The minute Halloween is over (or sometimes when it's not), I begin playing Christmas songs. One month is not enough. Two and a half, on the other hand, is enough. I mean, holiday songs are just SO happy and cheery and remind me of...I don't know...happy things. By the way, I am currently listening to BarlowGirl's version of "It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year."

I think I love Christmas so much because it brings back so many happy memories from my childhood. I remember putting out all the Christmas decorations on Thanksgiving Day, and it was the absolute best time for me. The Christmas stuffed animals all got a special place on each couch. My personal favorite is the group of candles we own. They aren't just any old candles. They are Santa candles. Oh yes. The normal-looking stout Santa is the main Santa. The tiny skinny Santas are his helpers. Except now they have trouble standing up and look deformed due to the fact that we left them in the attic. And then they are accompanied by the wooden Rudolph and two wooden sleighs. I used to play with them on the fireplace, and now I keep them in my room. I will be bringing them back to college this year.

One of my favorite parts of Christmas is the atmosphere outside. It's usually fairly cold outside and so I am able to bundle up. Most everyone in my hometown puts out Christmas lights (at the very least, we know exactly where to look for them). I love walking around and looking at them. I am very much looking forward to keeping this tradition at college. I am particularly excited about getting to see the lighting of the Rich's-Macy's Christmas tree. I haven't done this since I was two so I'm very excited about this event!

No comments:

Post a Comment