“One of us is big and brave, and one of us is tenderhearted. One of us is tempting fate, and the last, but not least, of us has faith enough for each of us.”
I have recently become more and more interested in The Chronicles of Narnia. I honestly need to read them over and refresh my memory. I would also like to watch the movies soon. However, I absolutely love the Music Inspired by The Chronicles of Narnia. All the songs are absolutely amazing. My personal favorite is “I Will Believe” by Nichole Nordeman. My friend has described it as “Susan’s Song.” Upon a quick check of all the characters on Wikipedia, I do agree with her. The above quote is probably my favorite part in the entire song.
“…the last, but not least, of us has faith enough for each of us.” Yes, Susan is called Queen Susan the Gentle, but this quote very clearly directs to her (by process of elimination, at the very least). I think that is so cool: to be the one with faith.
I don’t think I put enough trust in God’s power in my life or other’s lives. Why shouldn’t I believe that God has the power to change other people’s lives? Just because I am unable to change their lives doesn’t mean God doesn’t have that sort of authority. I think I forget this so often because I am not looking for it in anyone’s life. I’m looking on the surface instead of below, which is where God works. I think I also forget His influence in my own life. I don’t trust Him enough to completely take care of me. This is something I am struggling with quite a bit. I was reminded of a passage that I had forgotten about but that I absolutely love:
‘Woe to the one who argues with his Maker—one clay pot among many. Does clay say to the one forming it: What are you making? Or does your work [say]: He has no hands? How absurd is the one who says to [his] father: What are you fathering? or to his mother: What are you giving birth to?’ This is what the Lord, the Holy One of Israel and its Maker, says: ‘Ask Me what is to happen to My sons, and instruct Me about the work of My hands. I made the earth, and created man on it. It was My hands that stretched out the heavens, and I commanded all their host.’
I say that I believe he has control over my life, but I don’t live it. Too much of a control freak? I think that’s something I need to let go of. Soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment